It's simple really...
Note: Reporting physical albums that do not have a digital component/album attached to them is available to Bronze, Silver, and Gold Tier subscribers.
With the resurgence of physical format sales (namely vinyl, but tapes too!?) it's important artists get credit for their self-distributed work.
Until now, if artists and labels wanted to report their Shopify sales to SoundScan they needed to submit manually or drop serious cash to have something custom developed.
Artists should be focused on what matters most: making music - not worrying about whether or not their sales are actually getting counted.
Albums tagged with a release date in the past will only have NEW sales picked up by our system. It is only if an album has a release date in the future that we will pick up all existing sales for a release.
How to set up Physical Reporting
1. Navigate to Physical Reporting from the sidebar or Dashboard.
2. Select "Tag Existing Physical" to search your Shopify inventory for reportable releases and add to queue.
3. Enter the artist name and select the physical format.
4. Verify the UPC (imported from Shopify) and enter the release date.
5. Click "Submit for Reporting."
You're all done!
Reporting Criteria & Methodology
- Reports are automatically generated and delivered to SoundScan on a daily basis at 10AM ET.
- Only orders marked as fulfilled in your Shopify Admin will be eligible for reporting. Note that Single is not liable for any delays presented by third party fulfillment systems or applications.
- Based on the nature of the charts reports cannot be edited retroactively - double check UPC/EANs.
- If you create a bundle with multiple physical copies of your album, only one of those can be reported to Soundscan. Select the UPC of the physical album that you would like to be reported.
- Albums tagged with a release date in the past will only have NEW sales picked up by our system. It is only if an album has a release date in the future that we will pick up all existing sales for a release.
A few notes on digital reporting…
- Digital releases powered by Single do not need to be tagged and will report automatically.
- Digital releases not powered by Single will not be reported to Soundscan.
Only 4 physical copies of a UPC may be reported PER CUSTOMER. Multiple orders by the same customer that add up to more than 4 copies purchased will not result in more than 4 copies reporting. For more info about chart rules and eligibility, please see our helpful article HERE.