With a little help from your friends…
Bulk tagging of physical releases isn’t currently built-in to the Single Admin, but follow these steps and we’ll get you taken care of!
For reference, here is the information that needs to be included in your product export:
- Variant Barcode
- Image Src
- Variant SKU
- Option1 Value
- Artist Name
- Release Date (only required for presales)
1. Export Product Data from Shopify
- Go to Shopify Admin.
- Click “Products” on the left.
- Click “Export” at the top.
- Choose “All Products (or current search if they’re already filtered somehow).”
- Choose “CSV for Excel, Numbers, or other….”
- Click “Export Products.”
2. Download the spreadsheet from the email Shopify delivers to you
3. Add the “Type” "Artist Name" & "Release date (only required for presales)" information
- Download our example .csv as a guide to format your export.
- Do not edit the column titles - this needs to match what is set in Shopify exactly
- Open the file in Excel, Google Sheets, or a similar spreadsheet software.
- There’s a column called “Type” that has the product type data in it. Update the values in this column with the “type” of the physical product. (Valid values are: CD, Vinyl, Tape, and Video).
- Implement the Artist Name for the line item as it is required in the system when tagging physical releases.
- Enter in the Release Date if the product we are importing is in presale. It is important that the date is in the MM/DD/YYYY format.
4. Double check UPCs & Column Titles
- Every row should have a valid UPC in the “Variant Barcode” column.
- Each Column title has to read what the example document shows for it to import correctly.
5. Remove unwanted products/variants
- Delete rows for anything you don't want tagged / reported (like T-shirts and other merch).
6. Save the file (preferably in CSV)