With a little help from your friends…
Bulk tagging of physical releases isn’t currently built-in to the Single Admin, but follow these steps and we’ll get you taken care of!
| For reference, here is the information that needs to be included in your product export:
Handle, Title, Vendor, Type, Option1 Value, Variant SKU, Variant Barcode, Image Src, Artist Name, Release Date (only required for presales)
1. Export Product Data from Shopify
- Go to Shopify Admin
- Click “Products” on the left
- Click “Export” at the top
- Choose “All Products (or current search if they’re already filtered somehow)”
- Choose “CSV for Excel, Numbers, or other….”
- Click “Export Products”
2. Download the spreadsheet from the email Shopify delivers to you
3. Add the “Type” "Artist Name" & "Release date (only required for presales)" information
- Download our example .csv as a guide to format your export.
- Open the file in Excel, Google Sheets, or a similar spreadsheet software.
- There’s a column called “Type” that has the product type data in it. Update the values in this column with the “type” of the physical product. (Valid values are: CD, Vinyl, Tape, and Video)
- Implement the Artist Name for line item as it is required in the system when tagging physical releases.
- Enter in the Release Date if the product we are importing is in presale. It is important that the date is in the MM/DD/YYYY format.
4. Double check UPCs & Column Titles
- Every row should have a valid UPC in the “Variant Barcode” column.
- Each Column title has to read what the example document shows for it to import correctly.
5. Remove unwanted products/variants
- Delete rows for anything you don't want tagged / reported (like T-shirts and other merch)
6. Save the file (preferably in CSV)