With a little help from your friends…
Bulk tagging of physical releases isn’t currently built-in to the Single Admin, but follow these steps and we’ll get you taken care of!
| For reference, here is the information that needs to be included in your product export: Handle, Title, Type, Variant Barcode, Image Src, Variant SKU, Option1 Value
1. Export Product Data from Shopify
- Go to Shopify Admin
- Click “Products” on the left
- Click “Export” at the top
- Choose “All Products (or current search if they’re already filtered somehow)”
- Choose “CSV for Excel, Numbers, or other….”
- Click “Export Products”
2. Download the spreadsheet from the email Shopify delivers to you
3. Add the “Type” information
- Download our example .csv as a guide to format your export.
- Open the file in Excel or some other spreadsheet software.
- There’s a column called “Type” that has the product type data in it.
- Update the values in this column with the “type” of the physical product. (Valid values are: CD, Vinyl, Tape, and Video)
- 4. Double check UPCs
- Every row should have a valid UPC in the “Variant Barcode” column
- 5. Remove unwanted products/variants
- Delete rows for anything you don't want tagged / reported (like T-shirts and other merch)
- 6. Save the file (preferably in CSV)
- 7. Send it to us